F.E.M.M.E.S. has debunked the myth that girls aren’t good at math, engineering and science. Our students left the events excited and inspired to explore subjects once thought of as boring, but now considered cool!
- Kim Carter PTO President, Estabrook Elementary, Ypsilanti Community Schools, Ypsilanti Michigan
The girls are very curious, energetic and ask great questions. It is refreshing for us to view our scientific pursuits from their perspective.
– Dr. Catherine Collins, Assistant Professor, Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan
I’m not sure if F.E.M.M.E.S. is learning through fun or fun through learning, but it’s wonderful to see girls so excited about science.
– Dr. Amy Gottfried, Department of Chemistry University of Michigan
The people that taught us made it really interesting. I want to be a chemist now!
– Capstone Participant, Age 9
I have heard such great things about F.E.M.M.E.S. My daughter is curious but a bit intimidated by math and science. This is a great way to get her excited to see all she can do in these areas.
– Dr. Denise Galarza Sepúlveda, Engaged Learning Specialist, Office of the Dean, College of Literature, Science and the Arts, University of Michigan
I just wanted to thank all of you for doing this program. My daughter Morgan was very excited and inspired by all of you. Morgan is now very interested in Anthropology.